Our successes inspire us to continually strive for greater positive impact in the entrepreneurial space:
- Since 1998, we have helped create over 3,000 new business enterprises under the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS), with approximately 90% remaining in business for over 15 months.
- We have one of the highest rates of enterprise formation among graduates in the country at 5% in university and 11.2% in vocational education programs.
- RMIT students create hundreds of fully fledged business plans each year, assisted through our range of entrepreneurial programs and initiatives.
- Since 2015, we have invested a total of $7 million into our New Enterprise Investment Fund (NEIF), which provides interest-free loans to student start-ups:
- Up to $1 million worth of loans will be provided to new businesses in 2016, up from $250,000 in 2015.
- In 2015, 75% of our NEIF recipients originated from our NEIS, highlighting our commitment to the entrepreneurial journey and supporting our students in growing sustainable and successful businesses.
- Our active Alumni support our entrepreneurial initiatives, helping us build entrepreneurial talent through mentoring, networking and the creation of their own enterprises.